Terms and Conditions
ONLINE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Your Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
2. Intellectual Property in Content on SONY MUSIC Sites
The content of the SONY MUSIC Sites (including copyright works, text, material, software, images, graphics, advertisements, databases, sound recordings, cinematograph films, animation, downloads, e-cards, streaming audio and streaming video) (together, "Content") is copyright © SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT AUSTRALIA PTY LTD and/or its licensors. All Rights Reserved. You must not modify, adapt, copy, reproduce, decompile, communicate, transmit, make available, broadcast, perform, store, republish, print, commercialise, frame, upload or otherwise distribute the Content in any way except as expressly permitted on the SONY MUSIC Sites. Provided that you keep all Content intact and in the same form as made available by SONY MUSIC on the SONY MUSIC Sites, you may, using an industry-standard web browser, temporarily download and view the Content for your personal, non-commercial use but only in the course of browsing the SONY MUSIC Sites. Otherwise no part of the content of this site may be reproduced in any form without the written consent of SONY MUSIC. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by SONY MUSIC. The Content has been carefully compiled from sources believed to be reliable, but all Content is provided on the basis that SONY MUSIC does not warrant or guarantee and accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or completeness from time to time of any Content for any purpose. Subject to any statutory provisions which may not be excluded by law, SONY MUSIC will not be held liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from any action arising in connection with the use of any Content or its publication, including any action for copyright infringement, trade mark infringement or defamation.
3. Trade Marks
You must not use any of SONY MUSIC's trade marks, including: Arista Records, BMG Classics, BMG Heritage, BMG International Companies, Columbia Records, Epic Records, J Records, Jive Records, LaFace Records, Legacy Recordings, Provident Music Group, RCA Records, RCA Victor Group, RLG - Nashville, Sony Classical, Sony Music International, Sony Music Nashville, Sony Wonder, Sony Urban Music, So So Def Records, Verity Records.
4. User Licence and Consent
By submitting, posting or placing any information or other material on the SONY MUSIC Sites (together, "Material") or accessing the SONY MUSIC Sites, you grant to SONY MUSIC a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, unrestricted, worldwide licence to do the following in respect of the Material:
• use, copy, reproduce, adapt, communicate, transmit, broadcast make available, publish, print, publicly perform or display; and
• sublicense to any person the unrestricted right to exercise any of these rights.
5. Use of SONY MUSIC Sites
The SONY MUSIC Sites may contain one or more bulletin board, chat forum or other communication facility ("Forum"). By using and accessing the SONY MUSIC Sites or a Forum, you agree that you will not do any of the following:
• post, communicate or transmit any unlawful, criminal, threatening, abusive, defamatory, libellous, contemptuous, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent Material;
• post, communicate or transmit Material which violates or infringes the rights of any other person or party or infringes any law;
• inhibit or restrict any other user from using the SONY MUSIC Sites;
• interfere with the computer systems which support the SONY MUSIC Sites; overload a service; engage in a denial-of-service attack; or attempt to disable a host;
• post, communicate or transmit any file which contains viruses, worms, "Trojan horses" or any other harmful, contaminating or destructive features;
• access or attempt to access information resources you are not authorised to use;
• impersonate or falsely represent your association with any person or organisation;
• attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of a SONY MUSIC Site, including the use of automated tools;
• post, communicate or transmit or use any material of any kind for commercial purposes, or which contains any promotional material or advertising;
• delete, circumvent or alter any author attribution, legal notices, rights management information or technological protection measures; or
• post, download or communicate any file or material posted by another user of a SONY MUSIC Site if you know, or reasonably ought to know, that the file or material cannot legally be downloaded or communicated in that manner.
It is your sole responsibility to be aware of the lawfulness of the Material. You acknowledge that all Forum communications are public and not private communications. SONY MUSIC reserves the right to cooperate fully with any law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction in respect of any lawful direction or request to disclose the identity or other information in respect of anyone (including you) posting material which violate or allegedly violate any law. SONY MUSIC reserves the right to remove without prior notice any posting of Material for any reason in SONY MUSIC's absolute and sole discretion but is not obliged to do so. You agree and acknowledge that:
• SONY MUSIC is not responsible for any content or material in any Forum (including, without limitation, any information, comments and/or advice of any individual or party referred to as a guest or expert whose statements on a Forum are their own);
• SONY MUSIC does not authorise or endorse the comments or material of users of a SONY MUSIC Site or Forum.
Complaints and comments regarding potentially prohibited material on a Forum should be
submitted via our email address
6. Linking to SONY MUSIC Sites
You must not link to any SONY MUSIC Site without first obtaining the prior written consent of SONY MUSIC and such consent must be signed by SONY MUSIC's General Manager of Business Affairs to be valid.
7. Third Party Websites
SONY MUSIC Sites may contain links or references to Internet websites operated by third parties ("Third Party Sites"). SONY MUSIC provides these links as a courtesy and this should not be interpreted in any way as an endorsement of any Third Party Site. Third Party Sites are not under the control of SONY MUSIC and SONY MUSIC is not responsible for the content of any Third Party Site. SONY MUSIC makes no representations or warranties and accepts no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, content or use of the information accessible from Third Party Sites.
These Terms and Conditions are effective until terminated by SONY MUSIC and SONY MUSIC may terminate this agreement and/or your access or membership to the SONY MUSIC Sites at any time without prior notice to you. In the event that SONY MUSIC terminates your access to the SONY MUSIC Sites, you are no longer authorised to access the SONY MUSIC Sites, however, all restrictions imposed on you, licences granted by you and all SONY MUSIC's disclaimers and limitations of liability contained in the Terms and Conditions will survive termination.
9. Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
SONY MUSIC does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, SONY MUSIC does exclude all other rights, remedies, conditions and warranties in respect of goods, services and the SONY MUSIC Sites arising under custom, law or statute which may be excluded. To the fullest extent permitted by law,
• SONY MUSIC makes no warranties, either express or implied, regarding the SONY MUSIC Sites, the Content or any goods or services including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. SONY MUSIC does not warrant that your access to the SONY MUSIC Sites, the delivery of the SONY MUSIC Sites or the Content shall be free from errors, defects, bugs or viruses, uninterrupted, or reparable if damaged or impaired.
• SONY MUSIC will not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, punitive and/or consequential damages, loss of profits and/or income, loss of data, loss of use, claims of third parties, or other losses of any kind which result from any use or access of, or any inability to use or access, any SONY MUSIC Site or any Content, or any product or service, even if SONY MUSIC has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses.
• SONY MUSIC's liability in respect of any product or service purchased from a SONY MUSIC Site is limited to the less of (i) the replacement of any product or service purchased; and (ii) the purchase price paid by you to SONY MUSIC for that product or service.
• SONY MUSIC is not liable to you or anyone else in respect of any interference with or damage to your computer system or any other device which occurs in connection with your use of a SONY MUSIC Site or a Third Party Site.
You indemnify SONY MUSIC, its licensees and/or assignees in respect of any claims, loss, damage or costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) arising from or in connection with any breach or alleged breach by you of these Terms and Conditions or any other legal obligation.
SONY MUSIC's failure to exercise or enforce any one or more of its rights under these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of its rights.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions are or become illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any relevant jurisdiction, the legality, validity or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms and Conditions will not be affected and these Terms and Conditions will be read as if the part had been deleted in that jurisdiction only.
13. Rights and Remedies Cumulative
SONY MUSIC's remedies and rights are cumulative and none of them limits any other remedy or right of SONY MUSIC. Your undertakings and obligations are cumulative and none of them limits any other of your undertakings or obligations.
SONY MUSIC may assign its rights in whole or in part to any person in SONY MUSIC's absolute discretion.
15. Governing Law
These Terms and Conditions will be governed and interpreted in accordance with laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that State.
16. Application to Wireless Access
For the avoidance of doubt, these Terms and Conditions equally apply to the use of SONY MUSIC Sites (including access to Content and the purchase of SONY MUSIC goods and/or services) by wireless means, including mobile telephone and other devices in use now or in the future.
17. Terms and Conditions of Sale
These terms and conditions apply, along with the rest of the Terms and Conditions stated above, when you purchase goods and/or services from SONY MUSIC through a SONY MUSIC Site.
18. Shipping Policy
Customers are responsible for providing accurate and complete shipping information. We do not take responsibility for lost, returned or delayed orders due to incorrect or insufficient shipping details.
All shipping times are estimates only. While we do our best to ensure all orders are shipped within the advertised timeframe, we do not take responsibility for delays caused by external circumstances such as extreme weather, public holidays, incorrect shipping details, property access or those caused by shipping carriers. Shipping charges are not refundable.
Shipping charges are calculated at checkout based on the total order weight and the shipping destination and the shipping service you select. Your shipping charge includes all packing and handling fees and any applicable domestic taxes - it does not include any customs or import taxes that may be incurred at the destination. We reserve the right to amend these rates at any time without notice.
If you are not available at your delivery address to accept your order, you may be contacted by the carrier to make alternative delivery or pickup. Please ensure you collect your parcel or it may be returned to us or destroyed.
If you order is returned to us due to incorrect shipping details or because the parcel is unclaimed, you will be charged an additional postage fee, plus any return charges. Please ensure you provide accurate email and phone contact details so the carrier can notify you of unclaimed parcels.
Pre-order products will not ship until after the advertised release date. Orders with multiple items that include a pre-order product will ship only once all items within the order are available. Please note, we are unable to part-ship orders. If you would like to purchase other items and have them shipped ahead of the pre-order product, please order these products separately. All pre-order release dates are estimates only from the supplier and may be adjusted without notice.
Vinyl Digital Downloads
Unless otherwise advertised, any digital downloads advertised as included with Vinyl or CD products will be will be redeemable with a download code packaged with the product. We cannot send the download details in advance of receiving your order.
All domestic Australian orders, including express shipping, include up-to-date tracking. You will be provided with an AusPost tracking number once your order has shipped. Please note that tracking details may take up to 24hrs to update once AusPost receives your order details. If you are not available to receive delivery of your order, your parcel will be redirected to your nearest AusPost collection office and a collection slip and/or notification email will be provided to you. Please note, you will be required to collect your parcel within 10 days of receiving notice or your parcel will be returned to our warehouse and additional postage charges may be incurred. Please keep track of your delivery through the AusPost website or AusPost App as there are a number of options for redirecting your parcel if you will be unavailable to receive it. An additional shipping charge will be incurred for any orders returned to us due to incorrect postage details or failure to collect
Tracking is available for select international countries only. If your country is eligible for this service, this shipping option will be available at checkout.
Many countries charge additional taxes on orders depending on where the goods are sent from, the type of goods, the transactional value of the order and/or the weight of the package. Please check your local information before placing your order for any additional charges or taxes your order may incur upon import. We are not responsible for any delay due to customs processing or charges.
If you are liable to pay additional customs and duties on your order, you will be contacted by our international courier provider. If you do not pay the required charge your package will be treated as abandoned. We are unable to refund or replace your order if you are unable or do not wish to pay these charges.
Updating your Shipping Details
If you have provided incorrect or incomplete shipping details with your order please contact us asap at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order number and the correct details. Please note, we are unable to update your order once it has been received by our warehouse.
When should I expect to receive my shipment?
Delivery in Australia averages 10 business days from receipt of order, but please allow up to 15 business days. International delivery can vary from country to country depending on customs clearance for your respective country.
How much will it cost?
Shipping costs for orders from a SONY MUSIC Site depend upon the weight of the items you select. The shipping cost will be displayed on the review order screen, after you enter your shipping address and before you submit your order
Do I get a receipt?
When you submit your order for purchase, we will confirm your order with an order receipt screen. This screen includes a receipt number which you should retain should you need to contact us concerning your order.
How secure is my information?
SONY MUSIC is aware of the concerns that you may have with the security of using your credit cards to purchase products over the Internet. To protect your data and privacy, we automatically encrypt your personal information and credit card data using Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") software. SSL is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure online commerce transactions. It encrypts all of your personal information, including credit card number, name, and address, so that it cannot be read as the information travels over the Internet.
How will I know its safe?
You will know when transmitted data is safe by the appearance of a security notice when you enter a secure page. Also, a secure icon will appear on your browser. For Microsoft Internet Explorer, this is a lock icon. Secure web pages can also be identified by their URL: they begin with 'https://', while standard pages begin with 'http://'.
Is GST included?
Yes. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all prices displayed on a SONY MUSIC Site include Goods and Services Tax (GST).
Can I return goods purchased from a SONY MUSIC Site?
Yes. Within 30 days of receipt of your order, you may return any item for a full refund, under the following conditions:
• Items must be in their original condition, with original packaging and accessories
• Packaged merchandise must be unopened
• Apparel must not be worn or washed and must be returned in a new and sellable condition. Any tags, labels or packaging must not be removed or damaged from the product.
• Naturally, we can process returns and refunds only for items purchased from a SONY MUSIC Site.
• We do not offer exchanges or refunds for international orders for change of mind, wrong size or incorrectly purchased items.
Damaged or exchange items?
Please contact Customer Service to organise an exchange or refund. We are not able to process exchanges online. We are not responsible for items damaged, lost or stolen due to negligence by postal or courier companies.
Easy 1-2-3 Process
Please do not return your item(s) to us without a return authorisation. Any items without authorisation may not be processed and you will be responsible for collecting your item from us and any additional shipping charges incurred.
• Send an email to email@example.com with your original order number and any supporting documentation (for damaged or wrongly packed items, please send photo evidence)
• You will receive a response within 48 hours from our customer service team.
• If your return is authorised, you will be sent further details on returning your item. Do not return your item without authorisation.
• For approved returns, an exchange for the same item or any item that we carry that is of equal or lessor value ONLY, provided that stock is available.
• An exchange will only be processed once all items have been returned. The customer is responsible for the items being returned undamaged.
• Please ensure you pack the return items adequately as we will not accept returns that are damaged in transit.
Payment will be considered received once the amount paid by you is received by SONY MUSIC in immediately available funds. SONY MUSIC reserves the right to cancel any order or delivery until payment is received.
23. Risk and Damage
All items purchased from a SONY MUSIC Site are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier and SONY MUSIC accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage of goods occurring in transit.
24. Changes In Terms
Product prices, shipping/delivery costs, types of shipping methods, and other terms and conditions of sale, are subject to change without prior notice. Publishing information about a product and/or service on a SONY MUSIC Site does not ensure its availability.